Thursday 26 April 2012

Video Production Part Two

This post addresses some of the experiences of children with disabilities, and therapies these children experience. I decided to post these clips because they relate to the therapies and activities that I observed while on placement, based at a school for children with physical and mental impairments.

I was fortunate enough to experience two private music therapy sessions while on placement. It was amazing to see the student come alive in the session. His eyes would light up and he would engage deeply with the music therapist. He love the beat, and playing the keys on the piano. The teacher would sing to him- "Play a tune Mathew....". The following clip reminded me of this session. (although without the use of the switch- which is pretty cool too!)







My last day on placement, we spent the morning out on the swing. Pretty neat! The kids just LOVED it. They all waited patiently for their turn, and squealed with delight while the swung backwards and forwards. I found this clip on you tube:




Fun times with paint!




I had the opportunity to spend one morning with the class at their riding session. It truly was heart warming to see the joy the children expressed while riding. The scent of the horse, its warmth and texture, and the feeling of being up high. The work that these volunteers do is wonderful. Here is a clip I found on youtube:

1 comment: